Thursday, May 1, 2014

A Bump In The Road

Okay, prayer warriors, here we go again....

I received word today that it is necessary for me to begin a new round of chemotherapy. I have been on quite a journey, and God has dealt much with me.  Now here we are. I will know more next week, but for now I will receive my first of six treatments on Monday, May 12.  Only one drug this time, not the three I had before, and one treatment a week.  After that I will continue with hormone therapy, obviously with a different drug!

Mason and I are well, we really have peace in this. For a year and a half there have been little things that have raised concerns, the doctor always says "we'll keep an eye on it".  At my last annual physical there were more concerns, more tests, more scans.  Finally, my case was presented to a breast cancer review board that recommended this treatment plan. Both the oncologist here and the one in Charlotte are in agreement.

Mason Thomas is very far away, so please pray extra for him, but the kids are well and I am so very thankful for their faith.  I am thankful for a Saviout who is personal and attentive.  I am thankful for my God who is Healer, awesome in power.  I am thankful that I don't have to be afraid, and that I am not.  God has shown me much in the last five years, He has carried me when I could not walk.  He has never abandoned me, and He never will.  I am thankful that I hear His voice and know that all of this has been sifted through His hands. I ask for healing, and trust Him with all my tomorrows.

Isaiah 6:8.    Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying
                     "Whom shall I send,
                     And who will go for us?"
                     Then I said, "Here am I, send me"....

This is tiny compared to what Isaiah was called to, but it is big to me.  What is the same is that Isaiah had just seen the glory of the Holy, Holy, Holy God.  His unclean lips had been purified, his iniquity was removed.  He went because he trusted in all that he had just witnessed. He went because he was chosen by God, and prepared and equipped by God for this call.  Five years ago I did not go willingly, yet my merciful Jesus carried me and tenderly held me through the fire.  Today I know Him better, and trust Him more.  I have asked Him to take this cup from me. He said no. So now I say, Here am I.  

God is good, all the time.  His strength is sufficient and His mercies are new every morning.  So I will cling to my Saviour and walk through this fire as I look upon His face.  He is my shield, my exceedingly great reward.  

Please pray, again, for the Vincent family. I will continue to tell His story as I journey through this new chapter. So thankful for Him....

1 comment:

  1. We love you Vicki and HE will carry you again. As we entrust our lives to the Lord knowing in our hearts that we will never be forsaken we only grow closer and experience only love. We are his children!

    ReplyDelete