Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Don't Miss God's Glory!

Sunday we went for a short hike, we had guests coming for dinner so we didn't have a lot of time, and in my defense, it was one mile straight up!  This particular hike reminded me a lot of North Carolina.  Thick trees and no rock walls!  I found myself concentrating so hard on the path, lots of tree roots and rock, plus the occasional pile of moose poop, that I forgot to look up and take in the beautiful surroundings!  When we concentrate so much on right now, getting through whatever is before us, we can miss God, His glory, His miracles, His provision.

We walked along a Creek.  But we could only hear the creek, it was difficult to see.  The harshness of winter had caused many trees to fall.  The creek was covered with debris, but we knew it was there.  We could hear it, and if we stopped and looked through the debris, we could see it.  As I walked, again, if I was so focused on not tripping, on completing my task promptly and injury free, I lost the peaceful, soothing sounds of the creek.  (Yep, there really is a creek under all that chaos!)


God's glory is all around.  Miracles are happening everyday and in many ways.  My cancer story is full of miracles.  God carried this terrified child through her worst nightmares as He built my faith and removed dross.  He had a different end than I could imagine.  I thought there was no way I would have seen many more Christmas', college graduations of my children, their weddings, and so much more.  Mason Thomas is a fighter pilot, and I got to pin on his wings! And I'm not worried or scared! I have a wonderful son-in-law because cancer gave my stubborn daughter clear vision! Allie has such a heart for the children she teaches.  She has no desire to be any where else, as she understands how precious a touch of love can be to change a life! All four of our children trusted God through that first journey and all six of them are today! That is such a miracle!  I never dreamed of a sixteen year old girl, just coming out of a very traumatic year, having the faith to obediently launch Ghana Rock; nor the blessing of falling so in love with the children enslaved on that lake and the people who have given their lives to "rescue the widows and orphans".  I have seen His glory, I know that one day EVERY child on Lake Volta will be free!  Free from slavery, free from the bondage of sin, free to tell the story of his/her rescue, redemption, and revival!  He has been glorified through a journey of cancer and bad news.  He continues to be.  Miracle healing and protection.  Rescue from a negligent doctor.  Victory over fear.  Peace that passes all understanding.  God is glorified in good and dark, only He can take the devastation of cancer and bring forth beautiful fruit and blessings.  You just have to look!

His glory shines in the victory of forgiving what many see as the unforgivable.  If I only share the victory, without sharing the struggle and the process, then I look like a hero and God is not glorified.  I share the struggle and the process of forgiving to tell His story.  His tender love that rescues and restores.  His grace that is all sufficient.  His mercies that are new every morning, that means unending!  Only when I look to Jesus, pour myself into His word, cry out to Him in prayer, remember all that He has done for me; loving the unlovely, only then, can I forgive.  I can forgive because I have seen His glory and my unworthiness.  I can forgive because He calls me to, and He equips me for whatever He calls me to.  I can forgive as I rest in Him.

No matter your trial, whatever you're facing, God is in the middle of it, and He cares.  Are you an exhausted mother, of preschoolers or teens?  Are you in a difficult marriage?  Are you wanting desperately to be married and God hasn't shown you that chosen someone?  Or maybe infertility, financial trouble, or fear of your lack of plans for your next chapter?  Is it your child who has wandered from the Lord?  Parents or family members you have prayed for without ceasing and God seems silent?  Your health or the health of a loved one?  The loss of loved ones?  None of it is bigger than God!!!  All of it can be brought to Him and laid at the foot of the cross.  He does not promise us perfectly happy lives.  He promises trouble in this world, but peace in Him.  Look up, hold your head high.  Don't miss His glory!

John 16:33
"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace.  In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world"

No comments:

Post a Comment