Monday, May 19, 2014

I Gained Weight!!!!!

Yep.  I gained weight and we are celebrating!  Last week I was at the same weight as when I finished everything.
chemo, surgery, and radiation.  Everything.  My stomach is a mess, but that is what made me push the doctors to search for what was wrong.  I lost a lot of weight through April and May.  But today, I celebrate weight gain.  In the middle of chemotherapy. I. Gained. Weight. God is Healer!!!

Perspective is a funny thing.  Mason and I giggled a little as we high-fived weight gain and a lower blood pressure!  We giggled as we made plans for a black-tie affair we have next week.  What will my hair style be?  Will I still have hair?  Do I don the wig?  It was suggested today that perhaps I should sport a studded headdress....  Hmmmm....  Conversations and laughter can always be a part of your day, even in the craziness of cancer.  Perspective.  God makes all things possible.

My brother-in-law lost his mom today.  But his perspective has made him able to praise our amazing God that she trusted in Jesus and that death is neither scary nor the end.  For her or him.  Perspective.  Death is hard.  It was not God's plan for us.  But God gave us free will, and we chose poorly.  So we have death in this world.  But Jesus overcame the world, and defeated death! Hallelujah!!!  One day, there will be no cancer.  There will be no beautiful women donning unusual headpieces because cancer stole their shining hair that God so precisely placed on their carefully formed heads.  Every tear will be wiped away, and all will be righted.  A new heaven and a new earth, redeemed and just as it was before the fall!

Until then, we have Jesus.  We have the Holy Spirit. We have beautiful sunsets and glorious mountains.  We have the hope of more than this and the comfort of that hope.  We can have peace, even in this fallen world.  As a good Presbyterian I know the answer to the question "What is the chief end of man?"  The chief end of man is to GLORIFY God and ENJOY Him forever.  Perspective.  There can always be joy when we know Christ.

Revelation 21:1-5a
Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first earth had passed away.  Also there was no more sea.  Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.  And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people.  God Himself will be with them and be their God.  And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes, there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying.  There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."
Then He who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new."

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment