Monday, May 12, 2014

This Is Who I Know

Sorry to be so late with this. Today went very well, I feel great and had no allergic or adverse reaction to the chemo! Praising my Father for that! Today the hospital and Huntsman Cancer Institute launched a new computer system for both facilities in full. Needless to say, they had problems.  My two hour infusion turned into six... When we finally got labs, drugs, and poison, all went according to plans!

I had a great weekend.  We hiked and did things around the house. I have such peace and calm, I'm not even sure how to handle it.  I'm a worrier, I think God is winning on this sanctification promise! I know we have a long road, and I'm sure there will be battles along the way.  I feel ready, and I know God will sustain me.  I love the book of Isaiah. There are so many treasures that come from it. This weekend I spent a lot of time just looking at God, remembering all He has done, who He is. I have a Savior who is personal, real, and knows intimately everything I am feeling. He has walked this earth perfectly so He could be compassionate toward you and me. Does that register? Amazing love, how can it be, that You, my King would die for me????

So, today as I sat at the infusion center with a beautiful view, I went through Isaiah and wrote down some things I know about God from these passages. There were too many to list, I tried! Read the book, trust me! Here is a list I made from my mini study as a cancer patient today. I hope you are braver, more confident, and inspired as you go through it. READ ISAIAH!!!!!

My God is....

Forgiving Savior
                   though my sins are as scarlet;
                   I am washed white as snow by the blood of the Lamb!
Holy, Holy, Holy                                        
Righteous Judge
Glorious                                                      
King of Kings
Wonderful Counselor                                  
Lord of Lords
Mighty God                                                  
Everlasting Joy
Eternal Father                                              
Creator of Heaven and Earth                                  
Prince of Peace                                            
Alpha and Omega
Comforter                                                    
Jealous
Trustworthy                                                  
THE God
Exalted                                                          
My Redeemer
Faithful                                                          
Humble
Sovereign                                                      
Love
Defender of the helpless                                
Merciful
My Refuge                                                    
The God of Angel Armies
My Everlasting Rock                                    
Ever Present
Steadfast                                                        
Healer
Gracious                                                        
Compassionate
Giver and Sustainer of Life                            
Kind

And so much more....


 

1 comment:

  1. For you today: Mark 5:34
    He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering."

    Amazing, your unrelenting faith. It's nice when you know we can lean on God and it brings you peace in the face of adversity. The stillness inside your body occupying space with the one thing that causes the turmoil, a conflict of the heart and yet stillness. The knowing that God's got this!!

    I look back on my life and I think, WOW God must really love me. He gave me a mother who gave me just enough. Enough time with her so that he could give me a MOM. The little girl with no name became so much more than she would have been if God had not intervened. He gave her a daddy and a brother (who by the way wanted to trade me for a red rocking chair, and as I got older wanted to trade me for a beer to the bartender in St. Thomas...Lol Your husband)..but he gave me so much more...he gave me eyes to see as he does, he gave faith to over come obstacles, he gave of himself so that I could be saved. He knew my heart, what I needed just as he know's yours.
    You got this Vic, GOD'S GOT THIS....He's got you in his heart, in his hands, surrounded with love, peace, and healing.
    God is all knowing, Ever present, and All powerful. He is Holy, loving, just and personal. :)
    You are in my prayers every night and my thoughts daily. I just know God's GOT THIS!

    ReplyDelete