Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday!!!!!!

Today has been an amazing day. I have so many thoughts that I am glad Mason is home to contain me as I write! To start with, the sermon today was Isaiah 6:1 - 8. This passage has impacted me so powerfully in the past couple of years and it continues to draw me to it. The courage to confront my sin and inadequacies when I gaze on the face of God is so freeing as I realize His holiness and His mercy that is shown in this passage is indeed transforming. Doug's focus today on our call to service in this passage was such a comfort to me; I have definitely been drafted but God's grace will carry me and in spite of my fears, reluctance, and humaness, He will see me through and be glorified. Isaiah 6:3b "...the whole earth is filled with His glory." I had so many people who know nothing of NASCAR come up to me today and tell me that it is raining in Dover so they would be praying that Mason could finish and be home for my first treatment. I didn't talk with Mason much today but the first thing he said when he called after the race was that he had no idea how they got the race in and that it was raining in Dover at that time! God is good and hears our prayers! I know this sounds strange coming from a cancer patient, but God's ways are not our ways. I went to a movie with Madi today that was about a psychologist who lost his wife and wrote a book about the grieving process. The movie was showing his fight as he tried to help people who were paralyzed in their grief. He had many practical steps, but none of them included God. I kept thinking that I cannot climb high enough, run fast enough, dance free enough, laugh long enough, or love deep enough to escape my fears and find the peace and comfort that only Christ can bring. Please continue to pray for me, for I am a little anxious about tomorrow. (as I write this my heart is racing...just a little!) Please pray that all goes well, my body takes the chemicals and the cancer is defeated. As always, our LORD is our exceedingly great reward!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah God... I was about to go on-line to see if they got the race in and decided to check in just in case you had posted!! God is so AMAZINGLY wonderful and good...

    Psalm 18:1-3 "I love You O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my Rock, my Fortress, my Deliverer; my God is my Rock in whom I take
    Refuge. He is my Shield and the Horn of my Salvation, my Stronghold. I call to the LORD who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies."

    Father, start today wiping out the enemy that has invaded Vicki's body, add Your supernatural power to the drugs and prepare her body to receive them. Amen

    Praying for you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I woke up praying for you today, Vicki! So glad Mason is able to be home with you for this first treatment. I'm praying the Lord surrounds you with His love and PEACE as you go in for treatment. He is with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You begin your battle today. I am praying for God's strength for you. Be strong and courageous like Joshua. PS 56 "Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You. In God (I will praise His word), In God I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can flesh do to me?" and Ps 57:1 "Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me! For my soul trusts in You; And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge, Until these calamites have passed by." He loves you and is surrounding you and your family with His mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you mama! I'm praying for you today! God has made you a strong woman and you continually show that! <3

    ReplyDelete