Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Feeling restored. . .

Today I returned to Bible Study, it felt so good to be back among so many special people and digging into God's word with the women of StoneBridge! In Isaiah 1:23b ". . . They do not defend the orphan, nor does the widow's plea come before them." We didn't speak much on this subject today, but it effected me very much. I have been so touched by how God's people have surrounded me and my family and held us up with prayer, words of encouragement, sharing scripture, and offers of help in so many ways. I will forever be changed and more active in compassionate service to the wounded and broken hearted. When I could not feel God, He loved me through all of you who poured your love out and did not abandon me in my darkest hour. Thank you all and please keep praying, encouraging and loving the Vincent family. Tomorrow begins with Mason and I receiving instruction on chemotherapy. Mason heads of the the race at noon and I have a procedure in the afternoon to put in a port to receive my chemo. A very special friend is giving her time to take me, it is outpatient but because of anesthesia it is a long day. Madi is being covered by even more loving friends. . . thank you all so much. Please pray for Mason as he is leaving us for the first time since this all started. Hard as it has been on me, it truly is more difficult to watch and not be able to stop it for him. He hates not being here for my procedure so please pray for peace for him and protection for me. Psalm 30:7 "I will rejoice and be glad in Your lovingkindness, because You have seen my affliction; You have known the troubles of my soul." Thank you all for your support and for your constant reminder that God has not abandoned us! We love you!

3 comments:

  1. Vicki,
    Your words are so encouraging and give me strength!I am so glad you were able to go to Bible study today. I know all of the women there were so happy to love on you and pray for you. You are on our neighborhood study prayer list as well, and I know it will be spread on and on. I remember when my little niece Francis was so sick, my sister had people fasting and praying for her in Florida that she had never heard of. The power of prayer is so completely amazing. I know we will all learn much walking through this with you. I will be praying that your procedure goes well and that your new little "accessory" isn't too in the way or uncomfortable. Mucj love,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your study group gained much from YOU today...that does not surprise me! You are special and you will touch lots of lives because you are special...hang in there and know we love you and keep you all in our prayers. Ward and I are here if we can help...tell Mason he is in our prayers, especially this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so great to hear of God's wonderful provision... this is a tough road, but you will glorify Him through it! I have been thinking and praying for you all through the days. May peace in our Lord Jesus fill your heart, soul,and mind so that you rest completely in Him. I know that God has a perfect purpose for all things and He will work even this for good.
    Much love,
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete