Monday, September 21, 2009

The Plan

We have a plan, finally! I will have six chemotherapy sessions, one every three weeks; followed by a double masectomy (when I am strong enough) then radiation. On Thursday I am having a port put into my chest to take my chemotherapy in an effort to save my veins. My first chemo session is on Monday, September 28th. We like the oncologist very much, he is highly recommended and has been very encouraging. He confesses that this is a very aggressive and maybe even controversial plan, but we are confident in his care and Mason and I feel very strongly that the Lord has put him in our path. As time goes on I will share the path that led us to him, but for now suffice to say that he is even a NASCAR fan! This is going to be a difficult battle, but I know that my strength is in the Lord and the power of the prayers of so many people. Please pray that the cancer in my body will be stopped and shrunk by the chemo, continue to pray for our family and for wisdom and talent in our medical care givers. The doctor told me today that he will do his part but I have to do mine. My part is a positive and determined spirit. So please pray for the Lord to restore my peace and joy and fill me with a faith that can fight off all of the doubts the enemy tries to fill me with. A friend sent me this verse today: Psalm 42:11 "Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God." Again, thank you for your prayers and please keep them coming! We never take for granted all that He has given us in the body of Christ!

3 comments:

  1. The Psalms are great aren't they? So glad your trip to Ohio went well. I love your family - you have such great kids and a wonderful husband. I will pray for a positive outlook for you - God can provide this abundantly for you because He has already won the battle. He has already done such a great work in your heart as you cling to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful to hear you had a great family time in Columbus - one answered prayer. Also you eveidently passed the "heart" tests - PTL! - another answer to prayer. Lady, you are going to keep us all on our knees and it is priviledge to do so. You are such a blessing to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear there is a plan! I know you will do well. You are in our prayers and on the prayer list of many. In my daily study today I thought of you. I read "You find out what you really believe in the darkest hours,you find out that the God you know is the God you can hold on to"...especially when His ways are not our ways! I love you Vicki...I know God has great plans for you!

    ReplyDelete