Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Rough day but God is good

Met with the surgeon for the first time, liked her very much. While I hope no one ever needs her services, I would strongly recommend her to anyone. Satan worked hard today and momentarily took my peace. The treatment plan was overwhelming and the reality of the BIG pink ribbon smacked me hard. I have more tests tomorrow and a meeting with the oncologist, not sure how much more I will know, but it is one more step. God's gift to me today is Isaiah 40:31 "Yet those who wait for the Lord gain new strength..." Tuesdays have not been kind, on our trip back from Tallahassee last Tuesday we got the call from the radiologist that I have breast cancer. The ride home was hard, but we got through that, and by God's grace, we will get through this.

5 comments:

  1. You are not alone, there are lot's of people who love you and are hurting with you. Your faith will get you through this. There are times in our lives that we just have to hold on and trust God knows what He is doing...this is one of those times. I know you are going to be a shining star to all who come into contact with you...I love you-Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our prayers are with you and your Family. We love you! Aunt Patti and Uncle Lanny

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love you mama! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanked God for you today. You are a beautiful daughter of the king and he is radiating through the words of this very blog! Thank you for sharing your life with me and so many others. I prayed through Isaiah 42:16 for you today. It says, "I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will NOT forsake them." Love you, Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicki,
    Cody and I are praying for you and your family...right along with everyone that knows you or knows of you. God will allow our combined strength to reach you and your family. You are blessed with a wonderful support network - so direct that fiery red head spirit towards a healthy recovery and let your support network deal with the burden of worry and whatever else your may need.

    We love you very much!
    Bill and Cody

    ReplyDelete