Friday, September 25, 2009

Quiet day, finally!

Just in case you haven't heard, the procedure to install my port went amazingly well. It was much faster than I was expecting and God was good in the way He protected and ecouraged me. Mason is doing well in Dover; thank you all so much for your prayers. Today I paid bills and tried to organize some of the information I have been collecting over these last few weeks. That is a praise, I am moving forward, not paralyzed (for three days in a row!). Which is very good since I hadn't paid bills in so long I was beginning to worry about something being turned off, I really don't need one more thing! Isaiah 54:10 " 'For the mountains may be removed and the hills may shake, but My lovingkindness will not be removed from you, and My covenant of peace will not be shaken,' says the Lord who has compassion on you." This verse is one of many that you all have been sending to me and it spoke to me in a special way. Several people stopped by today and brought gifts of comfort and encouragement; I even got flowers and dinner was delivered! You all continually bless me beyond measure. Please keep the prayers coming, I know that the peace that is beginning to replace the fear is because of the petitions of so many of God's people holding me up. Please continue to pray for my healing, and the peace of my family. Monday is my first chemo treatment, please pray for me to be strong and courageous, for my body to handle all of these drugs, and for the cancer to be destroyed. May I never forget how powerfully I have learned that He is my exceedingly great reward.

3 comments:

  1. Vicki-you continue to awe me with your strength! I have been worried about Mason too - it is very difficult for a spouse to be in this situation. I don't know if he shared this with you, but my dad was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer that they doctors believed to have gotten in to the rib bone in January 2007. The future of course was uncertain but through God's incredible Grace and through the prayers of our many friends and family members, Dad was told after his surgery that the cancer was only Stage 1 and it had not gotten into the bone!!!!! He remains cancer-free to this day! What a miracle! The Good Shepherd will lay his life down for his sheep. He will take care of you and comfort you no matter how high that mountain may be! My thoughts and prayers will be with you on Monday.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki, Kevin and I are praying for you tonight as you prepare to go in for chemo tomorrow. Hugs and prayers!!! Bev

    ReplyDelete