Sunday, October 18, 2009

Week of Blessings

Yay, it's Sunday! Even better, it is a Sunday that Mason and I got to go to our church together! That is always special and a perfect blessing at the end of a week of blessings. Only God can take a week that I have been dreading so deeply and turn it into such a special week of His tender mercy as He gently and lovingly carried me through and allowed so many incredible opportunities to praise Him in the process. Thank you all who prayed for the rain to be controlled so that Mason could be at church on one of those special Sundays during this long season. As you know, we had such a special time of praise and worship on Tuesday with the friends of MRO and Newsong. Yesterday we had a unique time of worship right smack dab in the middle of turn 4 at Lowe's as we attended a Christian Concert, God truly is uncontainable! More blessings as we joined an unusually large group at the pre-race Chapel with an especially powerful time of worship. It is so exciting to see His presence and hand in so many ways. The perfect end to this beautiful week was standing beside my husband and children and our StoneBridge family as we worshipped our amazing Creator! What a merciful God we serve. Tomorrow is my second chemo treatment. Please continue to pray for the chemo to be effective in destroying the cancer in my body, and for my body to be strong through the process. Pray for the nurses who will work with me and for the oncologist who is overseeing my case. Pray for them to be wise and alert, and to be touched by God as they work with me. Please pray for Mason and I to be a light, and for our peace and hope that we have through our Lord to shine through at the treatment center. I pray that I will be aware of those around me who the Lord may be calling me to share a word of encouragement with or just a smile or to pray for; that I would step outside of my carefully guarded bubble in trusting obedience. Please continue to pray for our children as they display such incredible faith throughout this journey. Thank you all for your prayers and love, you have done more than we could express. Lamentations 3:22 - 24 "Through the Lord's mercies, we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not, they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. 'The Lord is my portion,' says my soul, 'Therefore I hope in Him.' "

5 comments:

  1. Thinking of you all day today... We prayed for you in CBS this morning! God is doing a mighty work through you and IN you!! May He add His supernatural power to the drugs as they course through your body... May He send them to each and every cancer cell and wipe it out... And may He carefully guard and preserve all of the good cells to keep you healthy and feeling strong! In Jesus' Name...

    Psalm 18:13-14, "The LORD thundered from heaven; the voice of the Most High resounded. He shot his arrows and scattered the enemies (cancer), great bolts of lightning and routed them."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki,
    I am so filled up and inspired by your blogs.
    You are handling this cancer journey with such grace and trust and even humor. ;) I think I get a better picture of who God is, what His love looks like, and how personal He is as I read all your stories. Thank you so much for sharing with us. You're a beautiful example of a true follower of Christ. I feel so blessed to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicki,
    I am keeping up with you through your blogs.
    You are really an inspiration to anyone going through cancer treatments and also those who are not.
    You are on my Bible Study prayer list here in Vero Beach. I report on you each week,
    so keep up the good work!!!!
    God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki, thank you for putting into words what God is showing you of Himself. Continuing to pray that as you run to the Lord, He will be your Refuge. "I thank my God every time I remember you." (Phillipians 1:3)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I have written you before, I am always on the lookout to support you wherever I see an opportunity. Tonight I was at a Christian meeting in downtown Charlotte and one of the women present is planning to participate in the Susan Komen walk in Charlotte this Saturday. She is 63 and she is walking for you, Vicki, so you may run with endurance the race set before you. (Also, I picked up a Luna high protein bar with the breast cancer ribbon which I will save for you until I see you next Wednesday.)
    "The eyes of the Lord move to and fro throughout the whole earth seeking to strongly support those (the Vincent Family) whose heart is completely His. II Chron 16:9 Love you, Edith

    ReplyDelete