Friday, October 23, 2009

It is good to give thanks!

I sat down to write tonight and opened my Bible to Psalm 92, and it is perfect! "It is good to give thanks to the Lord and to sing praises to Your name, O Most High." That is how I feel this evening. I apologize for taking so long to post, there are many reasons. One is a praise, I am sitting at my new computer as I write this! Another is that this treatment hit a little harder and a little faster than the last one did. Nothing unbearable, just wearing. I am tired and kind of yucky feeling, but this too shall pass. Another reason is that Jillian is home! It has been such a sweet time with her that I cannot pull myself away! I will get to the details of my praise for my health, which is that the chemo is working. The mass that was forming in my right breast that was measurable is less than half of its original size! The doctor was very pleased, and as we have asked, we pray that he is continuously 'amazed'! He is very encouraging, and we continue to ask for your prayers for my healing and for God to be glorified. I am so very thankful for all of you and for your love and prayers that have poured over Mason and I and our children. Tonight I am so very thankful not only for the physical healing that God is granting, but for the many blessings He has given so generously in such a short time. The kids are growing so much in their trust and faith in our Marvelous Savior. Alex seems to be settling in and God has shown her to a circle of believers and hopefully a church home! She seems to be resting in Him and we thank you for supporting her with your prayers. Jillian is beautiful and loving her job and God is truly providing a community for her of believers in Tallahassee and blessing her as she trusts Him with her life and career. Mason Thomas has become such a young man through this, Mason and I are daily grateful for how we see him grow in his faith and character. Madi Kay is just a ray of sunshine that brightens Mason and I beyond words. Thank you all for how you have supported each of us with your love and your prayers. You have all sustained us and allowed us to experience the peace and grace of God in ways that we could never have imagined.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your update! It's so good to hear about your week, and that the treatment is working. Yay God! I'm still wearing the pink bracelet--it's Benjamin's favorite thing, actually. He asks to wear it for short periods of time, and when I ask him who we're supposed to pray for when we see it, he says in his 3-yr-old lisp, "Madi's Momma!" So cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great news about how the chemo is working! Prayed for you tonight, esp. for joy for your family, physical strength for you, and for God's name to be glorified in this.... Did you know that Missy Klap just did the breast cancer walk this weekend? She'd been training for quite a while.... I'm so glad to know you, Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep checking for more updates...I am addicted you know!?! Seriously I hope you are doing ok...I am keeping you in my prayers. I love you! Aunt Kim

    ReplyDelete