Wednesday, October 7, 2009

PRAISES!!!

Today was a great day filled with answered prayer. The Dr. could no longer feel the lymphnodes and the mass that was forming in my right breast is noticably reduced! This is after only one chemo treatment. We all prayed for him to be amazed and he even used that word today. He said that I am one of the "lucky" ones because of how well my body responded to the chemo. We all know that I am blessed and that luck had nothing to do with it! My blood work was "perfect", she said that there is no sign in it that I have had any chemo and my white blood cell count was a little high which means that the shot is working. All is well and we are set for October 19 at 11:00. They will check my blood again before they give me the treatment, so please keep praying. I got to go to Bible Study today, always such a joy. I cannot ever express how it feels to have so many people praying for me and my family. Mason and I speak of it often and we are so thankful for all of you and for a God who is detailed and so personally directs all of our prayers. You all pray for things that we don't even think of! I was thinking about that today and it reminded me that this has been a tiny picture for the Vincent family of what we have in Christ. In Exodus 17 Joshua was leading a battle that could not be fought alone. Moses went to the top of a hill and held up the staff of God. Only with the support of Moses did God give victory to Josua and the Israelites, when Moses let down his hands as he grew weary the enemy would prevail. Exodus 17:12 "But Moses' hands were heavy. Then they took a stone and put it under him, and he sat on it, and Aaron and Hur supported his hands, one on one side and one on the other." Thank you all for being our Aaron and Hur. I found strength today in Isaiah 40, particularly verses 28, 29 "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth does not become weary or tired. His understanding is inscrutable. He gives strength to the weary and to him who lacks might He increases power." We serve an amazing God.

8 comments:

  1. Dear Vicki, we are the ones who need to thank you... It is such a privilege and honor to pray for you... Thank you for allowing us to walk with you, to pray for you, to just love on you. In the process, you allow us to see the Mighty Hand and Power of our Awesome God and our faith grows too, as we learn to trust Him more and more... I am awed at how precisely He answered your prayer request, that the doctor would be amazed, that the doctor even used that very same word... I just love how God answers in a way that you just can't write it off to coincidence... He truly deserves the glory!! Keep up the good fight dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Vicki,

    I've been wanting to see you and hug you ever since I found out about your battle. ((((hugs)))) This will have to do until I see you in person! I am very encouraged from your visit today with your doctor. How kind of God to answer prayers so quickly to allow your labs to be so good!

    My heart has been heavy and my eyes full of tears ever since I found out. I really don't have words. So, I opened my Bible to see if God had something to lead me to say.

    I read this, "For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are-yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with CONFIDENCE so that we may receive mercy and fine grace to help us in our need". Heb. 4:15-16 I know this isn't speaking of illness, but Jesus did suffer greatly. He wants you to have faith! Even though the devil will try to attack you left and right, remember this...have CONFIDENCE that HE will care for you and work through His people to show you mercy. Remember, He's already won the war! You have to do your job and fight the battle...with confidence in God...not anything else.

    I remember when I had my miscarriages, I was attacked frequently by satan and my faith was tested! REBUKE HIM and trust that God has a plan for you. I received a card from a teenage girl during that time that said God knew how I felt...he lost a child too. It was the first time that I really FELT God's concern for me! And He is concerned for you too! He feels your pain and He loves you. You are the APPLE OF HIS EYE!! Our God is mighty indeed...you are in good hands...the best!

    Know that I am here for anything you need. Anytime...and I truly mean that.

    Love you so much,
    Wendy
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stories of the old testament...so much to learn there. I know what Mason means about the site being like an "easter egg hunt" I can't wait to get on here to see how you are doing...thanks for sharing and know we love you and keep you in our prayers. God is amazing...and so are you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so glad to see you, pray for you and study God's word with you today. I am now your follower and will joyful follow you because you have and will point me to our Lord. Tell Madi that my post is made at 5:20 am. I tried to make it as early as 4:30 to impress her (ha ha inside joke) but took me forever to figure this stuff out. You got my number and have my love. Susan/Mrs A

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God . . . from whom all bessings flow! What an encouragement to see evidence of answered prayer! Thank you for sharing your journey with us. I look forward to all the answered prayers to come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicki! I'm sorry I didn't get to see you at bible study this week. I'm glad you were feeling well enough to go! Boy I love the good news you got from your doctor. How exciting. Praise the Lord! He is so gracious. All this good comes straight from Him. My faith is encouraged by His work in your life. I LOVE the story of Moses' arms being held up. What a visual. I need to mark it in my bible so I don't forget it. God bless you with more healing to come!! He is your All in All.
    Much love to you, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's Saturday and I am praying you are still feeling very encouraged. I wondering how your hair is doing. I hate that this disease and the treatment of the disease is so very personal that it can feel like it attacks one's dignity. When the hair starts to fall out - hold your beautiful head up high. You are a princess, regal in your position as the King's daughter. You are in a war and war isn't pretty, but girl your spirit just shines beautifully and everyone around sees it and marvals at your lovely countenance. Love you, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicki,
    I was so glad to see you on Sunday. I wish I could have sat and talked with you for much longer! I pray that you are resting in His peace and comfort this evening. I love what Kathy said...You are a Princess!!! That is so true!

    Don't let satan attack you tonight. Read the story of Esther for fun. I've been studying it and it is so encouraging when you don't see God in the picture but you know he's working through it all so powerfully! I pray for you to feel His love right now.
    Love and (((hugs))), Wendy

    ReplyDelete