Saturday, March 27, 2010

Doing better...

This has been an interesting week. I am glad to have one week of radiation behind me! The treatment on Friday only took about twenty minutes, much improved over the two and a half hours on Monday! They seem to have everything figured out and lined up properly, so maybe the twenty minutes will be my new normal. Normal seems to be a moving target these days. Mason and I were at Home Depot a couple of weeks ago and the lady helping us asked if I was still in chemo or had recently finished. I was wearing a warm up and a hat, no wig that day. The bald and breastless thing was very apparent. This woman spent a long time talking to us, she had been through ovarian cancer a few years ago. When Mason and I left we both were wondering how she knew I had been through chemo! Mason looked at me and we started cracking up, he said it was pretty crazy when this is normal! I have not been feeling well for a couple of weeks, just tired and achy. Thursday I started running a fever and having shivers. It would come and go, I thought maybe I just needed to slow down and rest. Friday I didn't feel great and by the time I went to bed last night I had the shivers again. After the girls went to bed I checked my temperature and it was 103.6. When I got up this morning it was 102, I thought I was improving. Soon I had the shivers again and my temperature was between 104 and 105. Dr. Limentani sent me to the emergency room. They were very good about protecting me from germs, and about protecting my arms. It turns out I have either a UTI or a kidney infection. My new normal has been feeling sluggish, I guess I need to pay better attention! Thank you to all of my prayer warrior girl friends who rallied today when Madi put out the call for help. I am so blessed. Mason is in Martinsville this week, it was very hard for him not to be here today. I just spoke with him and he said it is 100% chance of rain tomorrow. I have a treatment on Monday and an appointment with Dr. Limentani. There is nothing major happening, he really is not doing any new treatment until after radiation. I still hope that Mason can be there. If you read this before race time tomorrow, please pray for God to hold the rain in Martinsville. Today I am thankful for my beautiful daughters who love me and are always there, and for my girl friends, and always for Mason. Today was a reminder to me of how God has protected me so much throughout. My body is being put through a lot, and I have experienced amazing grace as I have come through everything so well. Thank you all, once again, for your continued prayer. Isaiah 26:4 "Trust in the LORD forever, for in YAH, the LORD, is everlasting strength."

2 comments:

  1. When I got home from Nashville last night, I heard about your trip to the ER... Feel better sweet friend! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vicki,
    I have been thinking about you a lot and praying for you, too. I enjoy reading your blogs and appreciate how transparent you are through your tough journey. My heart is so blessed as I read about God's faithfulness to you!! I love the Home Depot Story! I could hear you guys laughing as I read it. :)
    I hope you are feeling better and finding ways to refresh yourself! Take care of you!
    Love, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete