Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Radiation

Yesterday I had my 'radiation simulation'. They used laser lights and a CT Scan to get all of the angles right for my radiation treatment. I spent about an hour in the simulation, I now have four tattoos and four crosses written in "indelible ink" across my stomach and chest area! There was a radiation technician, a radiation technician student, and my radiation oncologist, all men. The technician was explaining that I would be getting some tattoos, very small dots, and they would be writing on my chest. They asked me if I was okay with that, the markings would remain for the duration of my treatment. I looked down at my chest, such as it is after a double mastectomy, and just giggled! Seriously? Once again, God has been gracious to me in an unexpected way. We have prayed for clear direction for my radiation oncologist. Because of the pathology from my surgery there are no grey areas for my radiation treatment. It is all, "If, then"; there are NO "If, maybe". I will have seven weeks of radiation, five times a week. The doctor said to expect to be tired, but that it should be easier than chemo. Last week after our consult with the radiation oncologist, Mason said that it is kind of neat that these little beams of light do so much. He said it is like God shining His light into the darkness and destroying the evil. (I am so glad I married him, he is a keeper!) In case I forget that analogy as a reminder that God is my ever-present warrior fighting this battle for me, I now have four crosses to remind me every time I change clothes or shower! These last few weeks have been kind of difficult for me. I have had so many wonderful encourager's and I have been digging into Gods word, remembering Who He is and all that He has done, and immersing myself in music. This has been a long road, and there is still much ahead of me. I am feeling better, but I am so thankful that I am not alone in this. Please continue to pray for me, for my peace and strength, and for my healing. Please continue to pray for Mason, he is busy with the season and has his hands full at home. We celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary last week, and I am so very thankful for him; he remains to be all that God has instructed him to be as a husband and father, and as a man of God. Please pray that God will continue to bless him and strengthen him through this long season. The kids continue to be such a blessing to us, please pray for them as we begin another leg of this journey. Pray that they will grow in their relationship with the Lord as they trust Him with everything. Alex is home for almost two weeks for her spring break! Please pray that it will be a sweet time for all of us. I am thankful for a Father who loves me, and for a Savior who intercedes with prayer on my behalf. None of this is a surprise to my Sovereign God, and He is always with me, He is my strength and comfort. Hebrews 13:20-21 "Now the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the eternal covenant, Jesus our Lord, equip you in every good thing to do His will, working in us that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment