Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hope in Him

I saw the surgeon today and got the results of the detailed pathology report. The news was not good, but, as the doctor says, it was not bad. The breast tissue was filled with cancer. She did get a clean margin, meaning that the chemo moved the cancer back enough that she feels she cleanly removed all of it with the mastectomy. She took 20 lymph-nodes on the right side, four of them had cancer. The sentinal nodes that showed clean in surgery from the left side, she took two, both had cancer cells in them. She feels that the radiation will take care of that, but she will consult with the oncologist, I see him on Monday. This is what they expected, and is the picture they painted to Mason and I from the beginning. My cancer is not curable and they have only ever expected to try to contain it. My prayer and expectation has been for a miracle. Clearly the news was very difficult to hear and I find myself at that strange place of being frustrated at the situation and at my reaction. God is God, He is in control and He desires good for me. I am, once again, in that strange place of knowing He is my only hope but being mad at His decision. His grace is sufficient for each new day and I know He will restore me. For tonight, I am tired and I will turn to Him for rest. Tomorrow is a new day and His mercies are new every morning, great is His faithfulness. Lamentations 3:24 "'The Lord is my portion,' says my soul, 'Therefore I hope in Him.'"

8 comments:

  1. Your words made me think of Psalm 73:25-26... "Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." He truly is our Sufficiency...

    Praying for His perfect rest and peace...

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps 90:13 Relent, LORD! How long will it be?
    Have compassion on your servants.

    14 Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love,
    that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.
    My prayer for you tonight is peace and rest and for joy in the morning. I cried at the news but God has not changed nor has His compassion for you nor His perfect plan for you.

    LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too was disappointed and broken hearted by the news. But I still know our God is a faithful, loving God. I am praying for his abundant love to encircle you tonite and that you feel his presence. I will be praying for you tonite. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki, I can't imagine the emotions and feelings you are experiencing. I know it's a lot to absorb, and it's OK to be mad at God. I am praying for you today and trust God to reveal Himself to you in a new way.

    Ps 31:16 "Let your face shine on your servant, save me in your unfailing love"

    Love you,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Vicki-I am praying for you! I have held near to me a saying I got from one of my devotions--I think I shared it with you right before you and I went to our surgeries. "The will of God will NEVER take you where the GRACE of God will not protect you"
    I pray for your peace and comfort today, Girlfriend!!
    Judy Z

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our God is a God of miracles! If He gave you the miracle now, it would be too easy to credit medicine! We will continue to pray for a miracle that is evident to all - and the peace and comfort to abide with Him through this storm.
    In Christ's Love,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicki,
    I felt so burdened for you on Friday when I found out about your doctor report. I prayed so earnestly for you and Mason on Saturday morning! I know that God is sustaining and comforting you in a supernatural way that we can't understand. It was such a joy to see you worshiping on Sunday morning as I led worship. I had to hold back tears! I am amazed at your courage and perseverance. You are a beautiful woman of God who is touching so many people. I love and appreciate you!! Love, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Vicki,

    I'm in an outside loop here. Tiffany shared the link to your blog. News of your story is shared within concerned and loving circles. We bring you before the throne often. Your blog is a wonderful testimony. For me it encourages my heart to know that God is a present help. It hurts to trust God. It helps to trust God. This is a paradox known to those who find favor with Him. He is our shield. He is our reward.

    Thank you for your courageous faith, hope and love in sharing your journey.

    John Liebner

    ReplyDelete