Monday, February 22, 2010

God Glorified...

I am still doing very well. I have taken a little more pain medicine since the "on Q" pump was removed last night, but it has been very manageable and nothing to complain about. I continue to be so moved by all that God is doing. We went to church yesterday! It was such a sweet thing to see the awe of so many people who have been praying as they witnessed answered prayer in living color! The worship was extra special as we offered all our praises up to our wonderful Lord, along side our StoneBridge family who have been so wonderful through this. On Saturday we were talking about what to do on Sunday, I do have four drain tubes and the respective bottles to catch what is draining. It is not a very pleasant site. Jillian said that we could figure out a way to hide them, but that the church deserved to see all that God is doing! So I put on jeans and one of Mason's dress shirts, Mason attached the drain tube ensemble to the 'on Q' ensemble, I threw on a shawl, grabbed lots of tissues, and off we went. God was indeed glorified! I was thinking today of all He has done, of all that He has brought me through, of His grace and mercy that have been so freely poured on me and my family. I am very private, I know that doesn't seem possible, but I am. To go to church carrying all that I did is amazing in itself. I really was afraid I may offend someone. Today I stood in front of the mirror as I prepared to shower. I don't like what I see, this is such an invasive disease, yet I am not freaking out. I have peace, just as I did on the way to the surgery and in pre-op. To take a shower, Mason has to stand outside of the shower holding all of my attachments. I keep thinking that one day I will have hair again and will hopefully look less alienesque! Perspective, that word has come up a lot over these last few months! I know that I have quite a road ahead of me, and there will be good days and bad days. I know the enemy will try to steal my peace as he tries to tell me I am a freak, but I know that God will protect me, my Savior will carry me, and the Holy Spirit will empower me as I rest in Him. I received a card in the mail today, providentially, that showed the names of God. As I continue on this journey I am reminded that my God is all things. Tonight He is Jehovah-Nissi, battle fighter; Jehovah-Rophe, healer; Jehovah-Shalom, giver of peace. To Him be the glory. Isaiah 26:8 "Yes, in the way of Your judgments, O Lord, we have waited for You; the desire of our soul is for Your name and for the remembrance of You."

5 comments:

  1. Didn't get a chance to talk to you Sunday, but I was so encouraged (and surprised!) to see you at church! So glad you had the energy and courage to get out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Vicki, when I look at you I see beauty and God's radiant love. You are a gorgeous daughter of the king and a good looking woman. Don't let Satan put those thoughts in your mind. I'm sure when Mason and your children look at you they see the same things we all do. I am so glad and proud of how you have done after surgery. You are also a very brave woman. Thanks for letting me be your friend because you are a blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You so blessed our lives by coming to church on Sunday. You are a walking picture of God's touch, His light just shines out through you!! (Keep it up and you're going to have to be like Moses who had to put a veil over his face because he was so radiant!)

    You are truly beautiful, inside and out!! A testimony to the perfect peace, joy and strength of our mighty God!!

    ReplyDelete