Sunday, November 22, 2009

Oh, how He loves us!

Tomorrow I have to be at the hospital at 6 a.m. for my PET scan. I have to confess to feelings of anxiety as I face yet another test. Tests on this journey have not been kind to me. Everytime I think I know everything there is to know, it seems that I am facing another test to search for more cancer, just in case. I know that I serve an amazing God, who loves me more than I can ever imagine. He is faithful and good, and He has so tenderly attended to me throughout this journey. I have learned so much, I feel like my brain is spinning as I try to take in all that God is showing me and has done for me in these last few months. I have had a hard time trying to contain my thoughts into words that I could share with each of you. Last week we went to see the David Crowder Band in concert. They played a song that expressed so clearly where I am. As I listened to the first few lines, I was overwhelmed with how personal those words were to me. I am sharing those words with you here, it is a beautiful song and I urge you to find it. This is where I am, and what I know about my God.



He is jealous for me
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree
Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy
And all of a sudden
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory
And I realize just how beautiful You are
And how great Your affections are for me

Oh, how He loves us, oh
Oh, how He loves us
How He loves us all

Yeah, He loves us
Oh, how He loves us
Oh, how He loves us
Oh, how He loves

We are His portion and He is our prize
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes
If His grace is an ocean, we're all sinking
Heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest
I don't have time to maintain these regrets
When I think about, the way...

That He loves us
Oh, how He loves us
Oh, how He loves us
Oh, how He loves
Yeah, He loves us.

I am going to spend the next couple of days remembering the ways God has shown His love for me along this journey. I am going to let His word affirm to me His amazing grace and His faithfulness. I am going to beg for His Hand to protect me from the enemy stealing my peace that He has given to me, and trust that He will deliver me. Psalm 94:19 "When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul."

3 comments:

  1. I have thought of you a thousand times today (Monday)... praying for miracles... praying for His peace as you wait... Thank you for those beautiful words!!

    Sending lots of love, hugs and prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your test today. I ask God for healing for your body and peace for your soul. May He be glorified through it all! You are a living testimony to our mighty Savior! What a blessing it is to me to see you walk through this with such faith. I ask that He overwhelm you today with His presence. Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicki,
    I am just now getting to your blog today! I just happened to hear that song on the radio for the first time last week, and the first few words caught my attention. It is powerful. I am thinking of you tonight! I hope your chemo session went ok today. See you Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete