Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Answered Prayer!

I'm sorry it has been so long since my last post. Madi is improving, but not rebounding very quickly. We took her to the doctor today, they gave her an antibiotic that will hopefully boost her recovery. I am very grateful for the protection God has placed on me, it is truly a miracle that Mason and I have not gotten sick! My third chemo has been very bearable, I am also very aware and appreciative of God's grace in this. I did not have any heartburn that has been plaguing me, and at worst I felt yucky and tired. I walked everyday, which I am so thankful for, but was often in bed by 8:00! Thank you for your prayers, they are truly powerful! I have so much to be thankful for. Mason and I were talking this morning about how truly blessed we are. We ask for your continued prayers for my healing and protection physically. I have my ten day lab apppointment tomorrow, and we ask that once again my levels amaze the doctor. On Monday, the 23rd, I have a PET (?) scan. We are asking that it reveals that the cancer is being defeated in a way that will amaze the doctor and glorify God. Please pray that Mason gets home in time, that the race is not rain delayed. Please pray for Mason's perseverence as he goes off one last time for this season! As always, please continue to pray for our children. They are doing so well, we do not take lightly the prayers that are so faithful on their behalf. We will all be together next week, so please pray for them to all stay healthy, for travel mercies for Alex and Jillian, and for a sweet time together. Please continue to pray for Madi's healing. I am so thankful for all of you, for the privilege of being able to pray for you, and for rejoicing with you over answered prayers. I am thankful for Mason and my children. It is a blessing beyond words to be surrounded by this family who support and love me and each other so very much, and who love the Lord above all. I am thankful that I know what a gift this is. I am thankful for the opportunity to fellowship and worship with Mason Thomas and Madi as they enthusiastically take us to experience the David Crowder Band tomorrow! I have learned so much on this journey and I am thankful for the unfailing love of my wonderful Savior. Isaiah 26:4 "Trust in the Lord forever, for in God the Lord, we have an everlasting Rock."

2 comments:

  1. I am so thankful to hear that Madi is recovering. Continued prayers for your lab tests tomorrow and for the PET scan. Yes, it is PET. It stands for positron emission tomography. It produces a 3-D image and allows the doctor to see the cellular changes on a molecular level in tissue. Very useful high-tech test to see how your treatment is working. And have fun at the concert!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A men, I and Allison miss all of you. All of the PPC group misses you. the pic posted under my id is our yougest samuel, he is two now and wow has that stubburn keith attitude. God bless and just know you all are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Scott Johnson

    ReplyDelete