Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Reminders.

I am doing well and for the most part am living very normal day to day. If I still have cancer, it is not affecting my life apart from occaisional reminders. I have many hotflashes that remind me of the toll cancer and the treatment have had on my body. I am very flat-chested! Sometimes my port, which has been surgically implanted in my chest for infusions, is uncomfortable. Once a month I go to the infusion center for a Zometa treatment. Pink ribbons. Charlotte Radiology calling to schedule a PET Scan for July 19. That one has caused me a lot of restless fear. I hate that, I don't know why it has such a stronghold on me. Please pray for me, for the results of the scan to be great, and for my peace to be such that God is glorified. I see the oncologist on July 26, the week after my scan, to get the results. I have been surrounded by several people who have received devastating news of cancer. It is always difficult, my heart aches for each of them in a very deep way that only my personal experience can bring. As I am writing this I am reminded of my beautiful Savior, who knows every hurt in that same deep way because He has experienced it, and because He loves us so. I am so blessed and so very thankful for the hope I have in Christ Jesus, and for the love and grace I have so powerfully experienced throughout this journey. He owes me nothing, yet He gives me everything. I have learned so much and I wish sometimes that I could shout from the rooftops so all could hear of how God has so tenderly shown His grace and mercy. For now, I leave you with this verse as I continue to ask for your faithful love and prayers. Jesus speaking, John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful."

2 comments:

  1. I will be bathing you in prayer over the next few weeks. I know how much you would love to forget all of this and get on with living your life and then these tests bring it all back to the forefront again. Again thank you for sharing yourself witn us. It has been a blessing to watch you grow so much. I only wish that you have not had to go through SO MUCH.
    "In Christ alone my Hope is found.
    He is my Light, My strength, my song;
    This Cornerstone, this solid ground.
    Firm through the fiercest drought & storm.
    What heights of Love, what depths of Peace.
    When fears are stilled,when strivings cease!
    My Comforter, my All in All.
    Here in the Love of Christ I stand....."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Friend,

    I thought of you constantly yesterday (July 19)... Praying for peace that passes all understanding this week as you wait for the results.

    ReplyDelete