Sunday, July 25, 2010

Trusting

I am sitting here quietly, listening to some worship music and waiting for Mason to get home. I wasn't going to post until I saw Dr. Limentani tomorrow. I have had quite a week of wrestling with God and slowly turning all of my fears over to him. I feel like I have been here before, and being the sinner that I am, I will probably be here again. But I have been given a couple of verses this week that have been very freeing (I'm not sure that is a word, but it works here!) and I want to share them. You see, I have to have faith that trusts God not only for the outcome I desire. That is a crazy faith that keeps me paralyzed with fear. I have to trust God. I can and I should, He is my everything. He has the big picture, not just the little tiny image I can see. He is faithful, I have personally experienced that my whole life and in a very special way over this past year. I am not His advisor and I am so thankful that He does not need or desire my advice. He loves me perfectly, and I am here for His glory. One day all of this will make sense to me, and I have a feeling I won't even want to ask any questions. For today, I am thankful for today. I am thankful to know such a beautiful savior who has restored me to such an amazing God. I have been touched in a special way by three of my pastors this week, that is a lot of special attention! It is such a comfort to know that God sends His army when I am so weak. Today one of the special touches was in the form of the prayer time in the service where he spoke of trusting God and the sin of not trusting. The verses I am sharing are from a Beth Moore book; I have needed a wide variety of soldiers! Mason has just walked in, so I will leave you with these verses and a promise to share what I find out tomorrow. Again, thank you for your love and prayers. Proverbs 31:25 "She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come." Psalm 112:7-8 "He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. His heart is secure, he will have no fear; in the end he will look in triumph on his foes."

1 comment:

  1. Vicki,
    I haven't been to church lately because of my work schedule so I don't know any recent updates on your health. However, you have been on my heart heavily the last 24 hrs. I have prayed for you and I wanted to let you know how very special you are to me and most of all to our Father in heaven. The verse I prayed for you this am was 3 John 2. Keep trusting and believing Him and hold fast to the Truth. If you ever need anything, please call and I'll be there.
    Much Love,
    Wendy Champion

    ReplyDelete