Tuesday, December 1, 2009

God is Great!

Yesterday went very well, we were there for quite a long time, a lot of catch up from the Thanksgiving holiday. Mason and I met a lot of people while we were waiting. I'm not sure of everyones stories, but it was all women going through treatment, with husbands there for support. We all laughed a lot! One husband is convinced that his wifes chemo is coming through her skin and entering him, as he is losing his hair. Mason simply affirmed his thought process! If you haven't seen Mason lately, he likes the idea of placing blame on his hair loss!

Dr. Limentani gave us very good news. While lesions are still showing up on my bones, there seems to be little or no activity with them. He explained that since I have cancer on my bones, there is damage to them. It will take about a year after all of the cancer is destroyed for the bones to repair themselves, kind of like when a bone breaks. Until then, lesions will show up on my scans. He saw no cancer in my breasts and can't really tell anymore what he is feeling, could be tissue or could be traces of cancer. On the original CAT scan there were 2 lymphnodes that showed cancer, they are smaller now but still showing cancer. When I asked about that, he said that what doesn't disappear with chemo will be removed with surgery, he was not concerned. He is very pleased, gave us a 'two thumbs up'!

God has been so gracious to us, I am overwhelmed at the love and grace and mercy I have experienced. Mason and the kids would say the same thing. Jillian and Alex made it home and back safely, and we had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Filled with laughter and people, and lot's of love, the Vincent home is overflowing with God's grace! Thank you all so much for praying for us, and walking with us through this journey.

Chemo yesterday went very well. I saw two people who were sent home because their blood labs were low, and a couple of people who had to get extra stuff because they were borderline. I do not take lightly the miracle of how my Lord has so tenderly held me through this. Please continue to pray for my strength and healing. Mason is home now for a while, sometimes I'm not so sure that is a completely good thing! He gets restless, but he needs the rest and he is always thankful once he settles in. The kids are doing great, and we feel so blessed to have them and to watch all of you in action as you love on them and care for them. Thank you for your compassion and prayers!

I keep thinking of Rick's sermon last week. We have been truly blessed by the love, prayers, and support of God's Army, all of you. I was touched by this passage from Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 "Two are better than one, because they haave a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help him up. Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm, but how can one be warm alone? Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him, and a threefold cord is not quickly broken." Thank you for being such an obedient army, you have picked us up in so many ways; prayer, sending scripture, words of encouragement, loving us and our children, gifts and so much more! God has heard and is blessing all of us!

Please continue to pray for my safety and healing, for the encouragement and growth of Jillian, Mason Thomas, Alex, and Madi, for Mason as he bears such a burden through this, and for all of our suppurt. This is indeed a marathon, and I pray that you all do not grow weary, so we pray often for extra blessing and grace on so many of you, some we don't even know personally! As always, we are asking, with believing, for a miracle.

Blessings to all of you, and I hope that your Thanksgiving was a sweet time of joy and togetherness.

Psalm 103:1 - 5 "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, Who satisfies your mouth with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's."

2 comments:

  1. That is very good news...we keep you all in our prayers. Give everyone a hug and let them know we are thinking of them and praying for them. Hang in there Vicki you are truley an inspiration to all of us. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Astounding. Or should I say AMAZING! God is gracious and merciful.

    ReplyDelete