Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Five Down, One to Go!

I can hardly believe that I only have one chemo left! The news was all good this week. Praise God, I got to have the treatment on time, that makes 5 for 5...yea God! The doctor is looking forward, he says I am doing so well that I am on "auto pilot". It was a nice reminder to me that God has been my pilot and He is fighting this battle for me. I am doing quite well, it is Wednesday evening and I am tired, but I have eaten very well and have maintained my walk everyday! God has truly covered me with His grace and mercy. I am slow at writing this because I am VERY distracted by all four of my incredible children and their crazy father! It is great to have them all here, and to have the house full of laughter! I am so thankful for them all and for the laughter that only God can provide at such a time as this. I have an appointment on January 6 with the surgeon, and I have a CT scan on February 2. I should have a date for surgery confirmed some time after the appointment with the surgeon. Dr. Limentani says that is normally 4 to 5 weeks after my last chemo, which is scheduled for January 11. I don't really understand all that is involved in the surgery and the reconstruction and I hope to have a better handle of things after my meeting with the surgeon. Please continue to pray, as always, for the cancer to be completely destroyed and for by body to be completely healed. Pray for the wisdom of Dr. Limentani, Dr. Flippo, all of the related staff and doctors and technicians, and for the logistics of everything. I am praying with believing for my complete healing, and I thank you all for praying with us and for us. Please continue to pray for the Passion 2010 conference, for my strength and protection while I am there, and for all of those college kids who are coming together for God! I am so excited to be a part of it and I am trusting that God will be so powerful and lives will be changed. I am praying for the speakers and worship leaders, and for the many volunteers and worker-bees who will be serving behind the scenes but holding everything together! It is amazing to see how God builds His Kingdom, and that He does is with energized college students and He can even use a broken down cancer patient to His glory! Wow, what a God we serve! Luke 1:37 "For nothing will be impossible with God."

2 comments:

  1. Praise God! I am praying that you will feel strong and well and really be able to enjoy your family at Christmas and the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, thank you so much for posting this. I know that you have enjoyed having your children around. May the presence of our Lord sustain you through the Passion 2010 conference. I wish we lived closer so I could volunteer as well.

    ReplyDelete